Our new products
· We now offer packages to attend major sport events as a spectator such as Tour de France, The Wimbledon Championship or the Masters in Augusta. Why not do a trip with friends or family?
· The bucket list! Do you have a list of sport’s trips you have been dreaming about for a long time? We have proposed a few ideas, but let us know about your dream and we will help you realize it.
· For a running vacation, we now have the Copenhagen marathon as part of our marathon vacation roster. This city is well known for its bike lanes and bike oriented visits. The event is on May 21st.
· The registration for the draw of the New York marathon is now open and will be until February 17th. http://www.tcsnycmarathon.org/
· The registration for the Reykjavik marathon is now open. http://www.marathon.is/reykjavik-marathon
Travel Destination feature
· Located in north western Italy, partly on the Mediterranean sea, Tuscany is a popular destination amongst travellers who enjoy wine, history and cycling. The main city of the region is Florence.
· If you like independent trips an option is to land in Florence, spend a few days there to explore the city and then rent a car and drive throughout the region while staying in the smaller cities. Another option is to join a group which can be more focussed on cycling or culinary activities.
· Cycling excursions are available from Florence and its surrounding areas. They can vary from one day to many and can be tailored for 2 people or more.
· If you are looking for a running vacation, the Florence marathon takes place in November
· Some of the key attractions are:
o Florence, its architecture, its museums
o Greve in Chianti
o San Gimignano
o Small villages visits
· The average temperature is as follows:
o May: 21-24 C
o July: 19-31 C
o November: 7-15 C
My plan for 2017
A new year begins with new objectives and dreams to accomplish. How do you plan for the year ahead for your marathons, half-marathons, triathlons, trips and training plans?
My trick is to start by reviewing the last year, training hours by sport, performance improvements (or not!). Did I reach the goals I had set at the beginning of the year? Should I hire a coach? Should I sign up for a running or triathlon club?
I am sharing what I have used in the past to do this planning, excel, Joe Friel’s book http://www.thetriathletestrainingbible.com/thetriathletestrainingbible/index and now https://www.trainingpeaks.com/. It is quite simple to come up with a plan which can be used for training but also events I want to participate in whether it is a marathon, half-marathon, triathlon or cycling event.
I also saw another idea on the Runner’s World website called a “Vision board” http://www.runnersworld.com/ask-coach-jenny/create-a-vision-board-for-your-2017-running-resolutions It is a more visual tool which could be more inspiring than just numbers.
Another portion of my planning is travel. I like to participate in events away from home, it is a good way to discover a city and the atmosphere is different when a major event is taking place. By selecting my events early in the year, I can take advantage of the airlines’ seat sales as they come out and the hotel selection is better. I plan my itinerary around the marathon, half-marathon or triathlon and I try to arrive a few days prior to the event to get over the jetlag or get used to the temperature. I also like to do other sports while on holiday such as hiking, golf or cycling so I plan accordingly!
There you go, good luck with your plans!
www.fittotravelvacations.com -- 450-286-1939